Wednesday, July 22, 2009

There seems to be a pattern here ...

OK, so apparently I am unable to blog more than once a month. Oh well, it could be worse.
Let's just get the gratuitous cat shot out of the way first. Here is Buster taking a nap with a little stuffed elephant. This is a very strange cat!


Next, we have our wonderful dog Stewart. This is the day he came home from having an artificial ACL put in his knee. He had been jumping at the back door to get in and stumbled, fell, and twisted his leg. SNAP! went his ACL. This is the second time he has done it, he had surgery on the other leg in January. The vet assures me that he doesn't have any more ACLs to tear so hopefully that will be the end of his surgical experiences.


On July 3rd our neighborhood had a fireworks show. We had friends come and spend the evening with us. We set up a volleyball net in the park in our neighborhood and played badminton until the sun went down. It was a great evening.


Tom is still enjoying his triathlon career. He came in 3rd in a 'gym' tri last week. It involved using a rowing machine, a stationary bike and a treadmill. At least he got to watch tv for this one. His next tri will be at Bear Lake in August. That works out well for me because I just love Bear Lake and am looking forward to spending time at the lake with some cousins that we don't see very often.
My community garden plot is doing well. I picked a bunch of cucumbers today and made a batch of refrigerator dill pickles. I've never made them before so it will be interesting to see how they are. I also saw some potatoes peeking out of the ground at the garden, it's nice to see things coming along. Soon we will have our peach crop and hopefully get some nice apples this year too.
The kids are getting on each other's nerves lately and therefore are on mine. I have discovered a great new method of getting them to settle down. They scrub the grout in the kitchen with toothbrushes and oxyclean. I'm glad that I have several bathrooms and a mudroom left for them to work on. I'm confident that all of my grout will be sparkling by the time school starts.
I'm crossing my fingers that I will write another post before August. We'll just have to wait and see ...

No comments: