Two posts in one day! I forgot to mention the other fun thing we've done lately. Also, I will admit first and foremost that I stole these pictures off of my friend Sarah's blog. The Sharps, Domans and Weidauers all went to Fountain Green last weekend to stay at the Weidauer's rental home. It's called Red Apple Cottage and they rent it out to people by the night. It was Lamb Days while we were there. Most of the group went out to the parade and ended up coming home with lots of candy. I stayed home with a sick Kaelin. Tom and Dawn W. ran a 5K in the morning and then Tom and Eric S. went for a mountain bike ride. I, myself, read the entire 6th Harry Potter book in order to get ready for the movie. The little house was very nice, and comfortable too. Justin W. spent a lot of the weekend working hard around the house. We all had a great time and are very glad the Weidauer's invited us to come along!



The last thing I wanted to mention was that when I got home on Sunday I discovered that I had left a hose running the entire weekend. I had turned it on to fill the fountain in the front yard. I made a mental note to turn it off but apparently my brain lost the note. The water overfilled the fountain, seeped into the ground and ran under our walkway then ran all the way down the front yard. We had several inches of standing water down at the bottom of the yard (it is on a slope). Then the water seeped into the ground, ran under a raised flower bed and trickled out over the curb and down the street. I estimate that at least 10,000 gallons were wasted. Oops. :) At least it wasn't a hose in the backyard that would have sent the water towards our house.
No comments:
Post a Comment