Tuesday, June 9, 2009

June update

So, apparently I'm not going to be a prolific blogger. Oh well. Some is better than none, right?

We are getting Evan all ready for Scout camp next week. He was not excited to get the three immunizations that he required. Not that it is all behind him though I think he is getting excited. Tom is going to stay one night there at the beginning of the week. Evan will be taking Archery, woodcarving, leatherworking, archaeology and something else that I can't remember. Sounds like lots of fun!

Tom had his third sprint triathlon last week. He has done really well. I think he enjoyed the open water swim more than he expected to. He took 13th in his age division this time. I think he said there were over 700 people in this triathlon.
Next week is the 24 hour relay race from Logan to Park City. I don't know how many people are on his team but he is expecting to run three legs of the race with the distances varying between 3 and 9 miles. Here are photos from the last tri.



I have just been reminded that hi IS doing one more tri this weekend. That's a lot of racing!

I have ordered some glass so that I can replace the sidelights by our front door with stained glass panels. Some of the glass is a type called dichroic. It was actually invented for NASA. If you look at it with light behind you, you'll see a reflection and color - this one will have a pinkish to greenish reflection (it's way prettier than it sounds!) and if you look at it with the light coming through the glass it is green unless you view it at an angle - then it is purple. So, during the day we will see the green/purple inside with the reflection on the outside and at night it will be reversed. I am really excited to make the panels. The people at the stained glass studio are going to help me when I get to the insulation of the window. I'll post progress reports this summer.

Our rattie girls - Trilli and Wiggles are getting big. They are soooo close to being able to stay in the big cage all the time. If they try super hard they can still fit their heads through the bars though and whatever they can fit their heads through they can squeeze the rest of themselves through. I would sure hate for one of our cats to eat one of our rats so we are closely monitoring the situation.

I'll have to make a yard update on the next post. We did some minor re-landscaping and it looks really nice. We are glad to be done with it though.

No comments: