Thursday, August 20, 2009

End of summer

Today is the first day of school. Yay! Kaelin has decided that she is excited but Evan isn't quite there yet.


We've been big on feeding hummingbirds lately. We have had a lot of fun watching them, there are about a dozen or so that come to the three feeders. You can find one just about at any point during the day. I like the bird looking in my window in the second photo, his tail feathers are cool.

So, after I got the kids out the door this morning (yay!) I went to work in the garden. Not too shabby of a harvest today. This is the first of our sweet corn and it looks fantastic. Several of these beauties will be dinner tonight.
The two pans of grapes are about 1/6th of the entire harvest. There could be more than that, I haven't looked at the white grapes much, they won't be ripe for a few weeks yet. I'm going to freeze these purple guys and then juice them all at once when the harvesting is over.
For our last hurrah before school we went to the zoo yesterday with some good friends. The kids had a great time, the weather was perfect and we couldn't have asked for a nicer zoo trip. One of the following photos is not of my children. Can you tell which one?


Oh, and I would like to point out that there were no cat shots in this blog entry!

1 comment:

Diana said...

I just found your blog. Looks like you guys have been very busy this summer and I hope things settle down a bit now that the kids are back in school.

Now that I have found your blog, I can keep an eye on you. LOL

Diana