Sunday, March 29, 2009

Weekend fun...

Here are Tom's and my accomplishments this weekend.

I got all 12 of these boxes of cereal for 74 cents each at Albies! Each box was $2.07. If you bought 5 boxes you'd get $5 off. I had six $1 off coupons. So the math looks like this: $24.84 minus 10 = $14.84 minus $6 = $8.84 divided by 12 = 74 cents a box. Woo hooo!


Possibly even more impressive than that was Tom's first Sprint Triathlon on Saturday. He swam 350 meters, biked 12 miles and ran for 6.1 miles. He did it in about an hour and 15 minutes. He hasn't gotten his official time yet, but it is pretty dang close to 1:15. The first picture is of Tom and his buddy Pat re-living the details of the race. The second shot is just a couple of minutes after Tom finished. Pat had finished a few minutes before Tom.
I had gone over to the rec center to try to see Tom during the race. About two minutes after I got there I heard the announcement that #1611 had finished and I knew that was Tom's #. I ran over there but had missed the finish line photo. I was pretty glad to have gotten there in time though! Double - nay, triple woo hoo! for Tom!

1 comment:

The Yancey Family said...

Impressive! I mean both the cereal and Tom! Tell him I'll race him next time he comes into town, that is, if he wants to be beaten by a girl! (I'm all talk, I can even remember the last time I ran)