Thursday, May 6, 2010

40th Birthday!

I turned 40 in April. I have to say, it ended up being the best birthday I have ever had.
Tom and I spend the night before in Park City, then had breakfast in Salt Lake.
We went to pick up my amazing birthday cake later in the day. I have a recurring dream where I go into a pet store and see that they are selling tiny little elephants, lions, giraffes, etc., small enough to put in a 10 gallon tank. I go crazy buying all these tiny animals. It's my favorite dream to have. Anyway, Tom found a baker who made a special cake for me, representing that dream.
We had a party that night, which is always fun. We had friends from our old neighborhood and from our new neighborhood. We played silly games, ate that great cake, and just had a really nice time.
Tom spent weeks and weeks before the party (with the help of Alesha) creating a book for me. He contacted family and friends and had them write down memories of us together, or whatever they wanted to write to me. They put these in the book and added lots of pictures. It did not arrive in time, and in fact still has not arrived, but I am really looking forward to reading it. It is the perfect gift for sentimental me.
One great surprise during the party was the arrival of our friend, Lance. Lance and his family are very special to us. Due to military obligations, he has been away for a year at a time, three times in the last four years. Neither Tom or I knew he was coming, so it was really a joy to see him walk into the room.
Evan and Kaelin, who are talented artists, each drew me a picture for my birthday. I will take photos of them and get them on here. Evan drew my favorite car, a Porsche, and Kaelin drew a cute animal picture for me. I could not have had a better birthday. Tom really outdid himself. A huge thanks goes out to Tom and to my friends who helped me shop for party clothes, stayed over with my kids, and came to the party.












i
e



No comments: