Thursday, March 18, 2010

Graphology

Last night for Girl's Night Out, we had a handwriting analyst come read our handwriting. The woman who FLEW out here just for this is a professional analyst, does forensic analysis for the police, has been told by the police she is as accurate as a polygraph, and is writing a book about it. (She used to work for SouthWest, so she gets free flights, but how cool was that for her to fly here just for us?)

Here are the results of my analysis. You will have to decide for yourself if you think they are right. If I have any comments, I'll write them in parentheses. Here goes:

First there was a drawing test. We had to finish drawings based on a shape that was already there. For a circle, I made it into an Oreo. The circle reflects your self image - (I do use cooking as a way to define myself, most people made smiling suns or something cheery, which is for sure not how I define myself) For a rectangle I made it into a hearth and fireplace. This represents home life for me (like to be home). For two parallel but different length lines, I made them into a windshield of a car with tho people inside. This reflects how I relate to others and have friendships (best one-on-one, I think). For a tic tac toe grid I made it into a square foot garden - this reflects my competitive self. (I don't have one!) For a half circle, I made it into a snowman - this reflects my social self image - cold (ouch, but yeah). The rest all indicated creativity, going with the flow of things, stuff like that.

Now, on to the handwriting, I am:

open to new ideas and religions (I think so)
have a good relationship with my parents (I do)
am honest (sometimes to a fault)
am more organized with other people's stuff than my own (uh, yeah!)
I know I am awesome (her words) but question myself a lot (a lot of self questioning going on here)
have a lot of frustrations in my life (yeah)
have strong friendships (for sure)
can keep a secret (I'll never tell...)
very good listener (always been told this)
finish projects (my own, not as much, but a project for someone else - yes)
love people (til they give me a reason not to)
am a peacekeeper (yeah)
lover, not a fighter (yeah)
don't like confrontation (for sure)
good communicator (I think so)
fool me once, shame on you. fool me twice, shame on me - meaning once you have violated me in some way (friendship, professionally, etc) you don't get another chance (abso-freaking-lutely)
introvert (yeah)
have old fashioned values (I've always thought so - honesty, loyalty and kindness are my three favorite attributes)
harder on myself than others are (who isn't?)
rule follower (yeah, in fact I have stated this to Tom recently)
present a more closed off public persona (agree)
very creative (creative, but not artistic)

I would say I agree with 99% of it. Now, you might say these are pretty generic attributes, but there were 5 of us there last night and we all had a variety of different qualities - good and bad. The other girls agreed on the vast majority of their readings too. Some did like confrontation, some were better talkers than listeners, some were rebels, some didn't have good relationships with parents. Some were more religious than others, some were extroverts. I thought it was very interesting and wish I had more time with the analyst.

1 comment:

Mara said...

Heather, this is so cool! What a fun idea! I think it would be fascinating to have someone come and do that. I may have to find out the details--cost, contact info, etc.